Favorite Local Restaurants
- LouCas Restaurant, Edison NJ - Excellent BYOB with a focus on Italian dishes and some of the best seafood in New Jersey. Plenty for the non-seafood eater as well.
- Fresco, Milltown NJ - Sister restaurant to LouCas. The menu is equally as excellent, but the restaurant is newer and hasn't been discovered by everybody yet.
- Il Castello's 81 Main St., Woodbridge (732) 602-0090 - No web site yet. Must be because they focus on consistently excellent food. Not open on Sunday, and reservations may be needed on a busy weekend, but dinner there is a consistently excellent experience.
- Soho on George, New Brunswick NJ - As sophisticated and delectable as anything we've sampled in the big city.
- U Yee Sushi, Iselin NJ - Sushi and Hibachi lunches and dinners. Consistently excellent. Best prices are on Sunday, but they also tend to be overcrowded that day due to half-price sushi when ordered off the a la carte menu. U-Yee has recently added specials on rolls during the week, and lunchtime specials as well.
- Brick Hotel in Newtown, PA. Pricey but excellent food and service. Great for a special occasion treat.
- Sawadee Thai Cuisine - Excellent Thai spicy food, excellent service, comfortable, cozy atmosphere with a live pianist Saturday evening, and reasonable prices. It just doesn't get better than this!